Take your Hate Elsewhere

I wasn’t really planning on writing two blogs in a night if I’m being honest. However, if you follow my twitter (@aj_jones_author) you’ll have seen an interaction between myself and another person tonight.

Now, I’m not usually one to have an online argument and then blog about it, cause: why? Tonight though, this person got so deep under my skin that I couldn’t stop myself from writing this. And it all started with one tweet, and one picture. The one to the right.

Friends, there’s an epidemic sweeping the world as I am typing this very blog. It’s been alive, thriving, and growing for a long time now with no signs of stopping or slowing down. This disease permeates the very fabric of polite, reasonable society and is predicated upon old fashioned ideas and beliefs which were themselves formed by FEAR. This affliction is INTOLERANCE.

Intolerance is a horrible, vile thing to have in our hearts and we all know it. It festers inside of our souls, making us say and do things that are truly disgusting. We hide behind the banners of ‘morality’ and ‘decency’, talking about ‘values’ and using terms like ‘back in my day’ to justify the way we reason.

Intolerance comes in many forms: xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia, racism, fascism, and a litany of other ignorant terms. It’s used by people who claim they are doing “Gods work” (or insert whatever Deity you find appropriate). They say that the makeup of our civilization is being threatened by people who do not identify, in one way or another, as being caucasian and straight. They believe that by dividing people they are somehow adding to society. But there is a problem! Addition by division DOES NOT WORK! You cannot divide 2 by 1 and have the product equal three. But they try anyway. They think they’re fixing the world, but all they’re doing is hurting innocent people who only want the chance to love, and live, and laugh, and exist.

The attitudes of these people are hurtful and wrong, and it must stop. If reasonable people with strong hearts sit idly by and do nothing while these attitudes run rampant, our society is doomed. My heart hurts from anger, pain and frustration. This is not a world I can be proud of.

Spread the love