AJ’s Academia

Welcome to AJ’s Academia! From this page you will be able to download copies of my academic papers and research.

FAIR WARNING: The content in these essays have NOT been peer-reviewed. By posting these essays I assume no liability for any acts of plagiarism based on my work.

To Be Sexy, Or Not To Be Sexy: The Controversial Grief, Religion,
and Politics of Hamlet and King Lear 

This essay examines how the deaths of Hamnet and John Shakespeare not only shaped William Shakespeare’s personal life, but also his work in his later years. Specifically, I discuss how the death’s of his son and father emboldened the Bard to push the boundaries of what was legally acceptable in Elizabethan Theatre at the time.

Schrödinger’s Cyber Problem: The Cyclical Cyber-Bullying Epidemic and its Effect on Depression and Anxiety in Adolescent Youth

This essay focuses on how the internet has had a significant impact on the victim/bully cycle that has existed in youth relationship paradigms for centuries. It examines the effect that cyberbullying has had on adolescents and their mental health.

“The Sound of Silence”: Reflections of 2001: A Space Odyssey

This essay will focus on themes founds in Stanley Kubrick’s “2001: A Space Odyssey”, and how his themes helped influence my artistic expression of his work through my original painting “The Sound of Silence”.

Spread the love