If It Feels Like Christmas

The Muppet Christmas Carol poster, courtesy IMDB
photo credit https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104940/

I was just twelve years old when “The Muppet Christmas Carol” came to the theatres. I don’t remember much about that time. I have snippets, here and there, of vivid memories. However, I couldn’t tell you where I was, or what I was doing. What I do know is that some of the happiest times in my life were when I sat with my mother and brother watching The Muppet Show. Children these days don’t know, or perhaps can’t watch a television screen long enough, to understand the joy The Muppets can bring into your life.

I can’t tell you, dear readers, what I find so uplifting about the Muppets. I can’t tell you why this movie brings me so much happiness, only that it does. Maybe it’s a reminder of more simple times? A calling to a family dynamic that I miss? Whatever it is I know that as soon as I put the movie into my 4K player I feel better, even just for a while.

Could it be the message of the movie, delivered by the Muppets in such an innocent, pure way? It’s a magical thing. The Muppets represent everything good in the world. They’re genuine and so full of love.

As for the movie, I know every line, every song, every nuance. When the movie plays I sing along, unashamed of my tone-deaf voice, perhaps the only instance this happens.

I adore The Muppet Christmas Carol, and although it’s never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe it has done me good and will do me good, and I say God bless it!

Spread the love

2 thoughts on “If It Feels Like Christmas

• November 6, 2019 at 8:13 am
    Permalink

Great blog post, AJ. Personally, I could not get enough Animal. Love that Muppet.

Reply
  • February 13, 2020 at 6:35 pm
    Permalink

I seriously love your story. How kind and lovely you are. Hope you are always full of happiness 🙂

Reply